Bette Midler Confirms Original ‘Hocus Pocus’ Cast Will Reunite


We are going to be seeing a whole lot of the Sanderson Sisters in the near future, because Bette Midler just confirmed a 'Hocus Pocus' sequel! AND on top of that, they will be reuniting to host a virtual charity event “In Search of the Sanderson Sisters: A Hocus Pocus Hulaween Takeover,” THIS Friday, Oct. 30.

Via ET Canada:

Earlier this year, Variety reported that a sequel to cult-classic Halloween comedy “Hocus Pocus” had been greenlit for Disney+, with Adam Shankman (“Hairspray”, “Step Up”) attached to direct.

At the time, a source toldVariety that Disney’s preference was for a sequel featuring original stars Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Najimy rather than reboot the film with a new cast. “Disney is hopeful that they will become involved in some capacity,” the source said of the original cast potentially reuniting for “Hocus Pocus 2”.

It appears that will be happening, according to some comments Midler made in a recent interview with Fox 5 New York’s“Good Day New York”.

“They want to make a movie, they’ve asked us if we were interested and of course all of us said yes,” said Midler. “I’m game, I’m totally game.”