Ahhhhh, the joys of being an adult: not only do you have carte blanche to raid your kids Halloween bags for all the best candy (or just go to the store and buy all the stuff you love) and then kick back and enjoy it with a nice glass of wine. Indulgent and awesome.
But which wine goes best with which candy? Vivino (a wine review site) has these suggestions.
- Laffy Taffy – Sherry (red)
- Twix – Vin Santo (white)
- Hershey’s chocolate – Syrah (red)
- 3 Musketeers – Sparkling Chenin Blanc (white)
- Kit Kat – Pinot Noir (red)
- Skittles – Madeira (red)
- Reese’s - Gamay (red)
- Snickers – Tokaji (a white dessert wine that I've never heard of but am TOTALLY willing to try)
- Starburst (especially the pink ones, sorry yellow) – Moscato D’Asti (white)
- And last but not least, MY personal fave: Twizzlers – Rosé
I think it would be really fun to throw a party and get all your friends together to try some of these pairings - in fact, think I might have to do just that.