Join us Friday, March 26th from 7-9pm at Third State Brewing (352 High St, Burlington, NJ 08016) for our fourth stop at the ALT 104.5 Brewery Tour!
We've brewed up the ALTernate State - a collaboration between Third State and ALT 104.5! An American blonde ale brewed with German malts, noble hops and mango. A smooth, easy drinking beer at 24 IBUs.
About the Brewery:
Third State opened in June of 2015 by partners Billy Pozniak, Jay Mahoney and John O'Brien. We are a 7 bbl brewery, offering a wide range of styles. We are named for New Jersey, the 3rd state to ratify the Constitution of the United States. New Jersey was known as the Crossroads of the Revolution, giving us our motto "Crossroads of a Brewing Revolution".
Have Y'all Been to Burlington?? Here are just a few reasons to check out (especially if you're a history nerd!) . . .
- Third State Brewing is located in Historic Burlington City, NJ - established by the council of West Jersey Proprietors with the purchase of riverfront land in 1676 from the Lenape Native Americans.
- It was incorporated by English settlers in 1693, and served as the capital of the West Jersey province until 1702, when West Jersey and East Jersey were combined into a single Crown Colony.
- It is the location of the Revell House, one of the oldest residences in Burlington County, as well as the oldest, continually operating free public library. It's also the location of the oldest, still standing brewery property in NJ, dating back to the late 1600s. It operated as a brewery for over 100 years and is currently listed on the National Historic Register.
- Burlington was also home to many notable residents such as;
- Elias Boudinot, President of the Continental Congress from 1782 to 1783.
- William Bradford, fought in the American Revolution and became attorney general and justice of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
- Cyrus Bustill, African-American brewer and baker, abolitionist and community leader.
- Isaac Collins, King's Printer who printed colonial currency, almanacs.
- James Fenimore Cooper, novelist.
- Oliver Cromwell, African-American soldier, who served with the 2nd New Jersey Regiment of the Continental Army during the American Revolutionary War.
- Franklin D'Olier, first national commander of the American Legion.
- William Franklin, estranged son of Benjamin Franklin and last colonial governor of New Jersey.
- Ulysses S. Grant, Union Army general and the eighteenth President of the United States.
- James Lawrence, War of 1812 naval officer.
Grab a socially distanced pint, bundle up to enjoy their outdoor beer garden, or grab a crowler to go!
All participants must agree to follow government and CDC restrictions and guidelines set in place for COVID-19, and agree to wearing a mask and socially distance for the duration of the broadcast.
And don't forget to check out our past ALT 104.5 Brewery Tour collabs with 13th Child Brewing + Love City Brewing + Evil Genius + Forgotten Boardwalk!