We (Southeastern PA) likely won't be in the "green phase" of Governor Wolf's guidelines for a while (it looks like we may finally get to yellow by June 5, though) - but what will life be like for businesses, restaurants, gatherings when we reach that "green phase"?
Per the governor's guidelines, bars, restaurants, and entertainment venues (casinos, theaters, shopping malls) will only be able to operate at 50% capacity. Large recreational gatherings, like concerts, and sporting events, will remain restricted, however.
"Personal care services", like nail and hair salons, barbershops, and massage therapists can restart as well, but can only offer services by appointment, and even then, can still only operate at 50% capacity.
Gyms, indoor recreation, and wellness facilities can also reopen, but they will also be limited to 50% capacity.
Telework will still be recommended for businesses that can do it.
Work & Congregate Setting Restrictions
- Continued Telework Strongly Encouraged
- Businesses with In-Person Operations Must Follow Updated Business and Building Safety Requirements
- All Businesses Operating at 50% Occupancy in the Yellow Phase May Increase to 75% Occupancy
- Child Care May Open Complying with Guidance
- Congregate Care Restrictions in Place
- Prison and Hospital Restrictions Determined by Individual Facilities
- Schools Subject to CDC and Commonwealth Guidance
- Large Recreational Gatherings Remain Restricted
- Restaurants and Bars Open at 50% Occupancy
- Personal Care Services (including hair salons and barbershops) Open at 50% Occupancy and by Appointment Only
- Indoor Recreation, Health and Wellness Facilities, and Personal Care Services (such as gyms and spas) Open at 50% Occupancy with Appointments Strongly Encouraged
- All Entertainment (such as casinos, theaters, and shopping malls) Open at 50% OccupancyConstruction Activity May Return to Full Capacity with Continued Implementation of Protocols