Were you aware that there's a whole day dedicated to museums?? Well, there is...and "museum day" is coming up next month (September 21st).
So how does one celebrate such a day? Well, how about with FREE admission to a bunch of area museums?? Yup, no charge to enter 10 different Philly museums that day!
All you need is a Museum Day ticket, which allows general admission entry for two!
Which museums will be participating? Here's the list via PhillyVoice:
• Penn Museum – An archaeology and anthropology museum highlighting 10,000 years of history from around the globe.
• Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University – The oldest natural science research institution and museum in America.
• National Museum of American Jewish History – Museum traces the stories of how Jewish immigrants became Jewish Americans.
• Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts – The first and oldest art museum and art school in the United States.
• Woodmere Art Museum – The museum has a large collection of paintings, prints, sculptures and photographs from regional artists.
• Independence Seaport Museum – Explores Philadelphia's maritime history.
• American Swedish Historical Museum – Tells the history of the New Sweden colonists who settled the Greater Philadelphia area in the mid-1600s.
• Fort Mifflin on the Delaware – A National Historic Landmark that offers tours of the Revolutionary War battlefield and fort.
• Institute of Contemporary Art – One of the country's leading museums dedicated to contemporary art.
• The Print Center – Brings a focus to photography and printmaking as art.
Pretty sweet, right?? Grab yourself tickets at: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/museumday/search/?q=&states=US::PA&