One of the biggest elements of Valentine's Day is the flowers, right? Well, the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society (PHS) is revamping the day a bit and they're calling it "Share-A-Flower Day!"
So what does this day involve? It's all about a truck driving through the city handing out FREE flowers! The truck will be handing out thousands of free flowers in pairs in hopes that people who get them will keep one for themselves and give one to a friend or stranger. Each stem will have a tag with a different thoughtful message.
"The simple act of giving a flower can symbolize love, gratitude, friendship, generosity and so much more," says PHS.
Wondering where to track down your free flowers that day? Here's the truck's schedule of events:
• 7 a.m. – Photo op with the flower mobile at the top of the Philadelphia Museum of Art steps
• 7:30-8:30 a.m. – The Porch at 30th Street Station
• Noon to 3 p.m. – Jefferson Hospital (Seventh and Chestnut streets), Rittenhouse Square (18th and Walnut streets) and The Bourse
• 4-6 p.m. – Temple University (Liacouras Walk near the bronze "Red Owl" statue), Drexel University (33rd and Market streets) and Passyunk Square's Singing Fountain (E. Passyunk Ave. and Tasker St.)
• 7 p.m. – Blue Cross RiverRink Winterfest